Days Until Opening Day 2009

Thursday, October 18, 2007


To make it in the major leagues takes a fierce competitive spirit, strong ambition, and superior athletic ability. The post season magnifies all of that and players strive to be the best of the best. Then there is Manny Ramirez who would telecommute to left field if he could. When asked about trailing 3-1 in the ALCS he had this to say:


"Why should we panic? We've got a great team. ... It doesn't happen, so who cares? There's always next year. It's not like it's the end of the world."
--Manny Ramirez


I'm sure that Boston collectively gasped this morning when they read that. If Joe Torre had made a comment like that he would have been fired before he finished even saying it. Maybe Manny's still not 100% and wants time to recover, maybe his naps out in left field aren't giving him enough rest, or maybe his junk is still sore from the little grab he took in the picture I posted today (courtesy of INPY). The fact is that Manny never seems to care about anything. If he wasn't such a damn good hitter I would have more to say, the fact is that I have to give the guy some respect for what he can do with a bat....but that's about it.
Hopefully I'll have an update later today regarding Torre, but in the meantime I'll be refreshing my Internet browser with the ferocity of a kid tearing open presents on Christmas morning.

5 comments:

inowpronounceyou said...

My brother, a die hard Red Sox fan, will be the first to tell you that Manny just doesn't give a damn. And, talented though he may be, I would never want him on the Yankees for that very reason.

Period.

Bruce said...

I agree, the Yankees have come close to getting him a few times but there is no way his attitude would fly in the Bronx, not to mention his crappy defensive playing.

Julie said...

Excuse me Bruce.. but I believe that's a little of what red sux nation refers to as "Manny being Manny"... for all of those who don't know that most red sox "fans" (notice the quotation marks) don't seem to care about Manny's lack of respect for his teammates, fans or city. It's just him being the asshole that he is and always has been.

Trust me.
I grew up around Manny Ramirez in Brooklyn. I saw him play HS and summer league ball when I was in middle school. I could tell you such stories... and not much has changed in the actions he takes now as a pro.

LETS GO INDIANS!

Julie said...

PS
I think he should be fined by the league for his "hot dogging" after he hit that MEANINGLESS home run 2 nights ago.

POS.

Julie said...

Hey don't be sorry.
Until they're out of it, it won't taken much to get me worked up lol