Days Until Opening Day 2009

Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm thinking I should work at the Psychic Hotline

Ok, I wasn't spot on, but I was pretty close. The Red Sox won again last night, Schilling was good, and so was the game. The real story though is how few runs the Rockies gave up to Boston. As predicted the Rockies looked like they were falling back into their grove. That should at least be encouraging going into game three against Dice-K who I really feel is going to have a hell of a time putting the ball where he wants in Denver. He has a tendency to hang some of his stuff after thirty or so pitches. That is going to be simply devastating in the thin mountain air.

My feelings for Boston aside, I have to say that it's a shame that the World Series is turning out to be such a one sided contest. Colorado winning would be a great story, they would be like the Cleveland Indians in the movie Major League....but for real. A lopsided World Series really isn't Denver's fault, or Boston's for that matter. The American league simply has better players across the board than the National league. In fact there are really only a couple of teams from the NL that could put up a good fight against Boston. It would be nice to see some equality so that the World Series is a bit more exciting.

1 comment:

Jen Judson said...

Ohmigosh! Jess hasn't commented on your blog yet?