Days Until Opening Day 2009

Thursday, September 27, 2007

YANKEES CLINCH POSTSEASON APPEARANCE


YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It may have been somewhat of a foregone conclusion over the past few days, but that doesn't change the fact that I am as excited as hell this morning!!! I have admitted this time and time again, but if you had asked me before the all-star break if the Yankees were going to make the playoffs I would have said yes, but I wouldn't have been confident about it. Especially since we were 9 1/2 games out of the wild card in July looking ahead at some solid teams. Well today post season dreams have become realities.


So now we turn to the post season and what to expect. The wild card means that we face off against Cleveland who I feel more comfortable with. I expect Torre to go with Wang and Pettitte as number one and two. But number three, arguably the most important game, is up in the air as Clemens struggles with hamstring problems. Personally I would rather stick Ian Kennedy in assuming that his stiff back issues are resolved, but I know that Torre will go with Clemens assuming he is close to 100%.


I would like to write more on this, but I am pretty busy today so I will leave it up to the commenters to help me out with the post season predictions. I will say this though, I have a feeling that the Yanks are going to go to the October classic and take another ring.
(oh and thanks to Lucky, yet again)

3 comments:

inowpronounceyou said...

This WC seems more satisfying in many ways than some of the past AL East wins. I don't mean to say that I'm happy about finishing second, but rather to say whatching this team dig in and come back has me really, really friggin' loving this!

Happy hour ball watching is on, although you are more than welcome (as all members of the Yankees fan base are) to watch at my place on the new flatscreen when i have Playoff Parties.

Anonymous said...

13 in a row, Amen. AAAAmen.

Julie said...

I agree with INPY- I would have loved to win the division, but hey...

Let's get that RING!