Days Until Opening Day 2009

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Squirrel Power


I told you there was something to that Squirrel! He came out again last night and climbed the right field pole prompting chants of "let's go squirrel." Now I don't want to wear the guy out, so I am going to use him sparingly going forward.


The Yankees need all the help they can get right now. Even with last nights thrashing there were some scary moments. Wang's back seems to be ok, but I'm glad they pulled the plug when they did. He has been the only consistent pitcher for us all year and to lose him now would be a disaster. A-Rod apparently is also doing fine after rolling his ankle. But then again A-Rod is kind of a hypochondriac. Every time he so much as gets a scratch on his forearm he checks in for an MRI.


It pains me to say this but I have officially given up hope on winning the division. Frankly we can't focus on two things at once right now so the Yankees just need to make sure that they are in the post season. Of course my biggest fear is that we face the Angles in the first round which historically has been a disaster for the Yankees. But how great would it be to meet Boston and take them out in the ALCS!


Switching gears here if I may, last night I had the chance to sit three rows behind the dugout for the Nationals 4-3 victory over the Marlins. Since I was a kid I have had a few things that I have always wanted to do at a baseball game. Last night I was able to check another one off my list, that's right, I finally made it onto the jumbotron. In case you are wondering, here is my list in no particular order (its pretty standard really):


1. Catch a foul ball (done)

2. Catch another foul ball and give it to a kid (done)

3. Go to the World Series at Yankee Stadium (done)

4. See the Yankees Win the World Series at Yankee Stadium (Pending)

5. Sit in the seats right behind the dugout (done)

6. Make it on the Jumbotron (done)

7. Punch Curt Schilling in the face (pending)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was out for a few drinks tonight when ESPN showed the top 5 squirrel countdown....There might be Karma in that there rodent.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm a Red Sox fan who doesn't hate the Yankees. Kind of an oddity, I know. Hell, I even respect the Yankees.

Glad I stumbled upon your blog.

Unknown said...

8. Head-first urinal slide.

Anonymous said...

Two words:
Squirrel Power