Days Until Opening Day 2009

Monday, September 10, 2007

19 To Go

With the Yankees sweep of the Royals this weekend everything seems to be on the right track for the last couple of weeks before the post season. Or at least it would seem that way. There are still a number of things that worry me. Not the least of which being Jeter's sore right knee. Jeter has felt irritation since August 21st after taking an awkward step out of the batters box against Anaheim. He took yesterday off and he will start tomorrow. Jeter claims that it is no big deal, but is still worries me a whole lot.


Clemens is a HUGE question mark right now. He was scheduled to throw a session in Huston last night but never got back to Torre about if he actually did or not. I'm afraid that the reason may be that Clemens feels he is falling apart worse than he expected but still wants to throw. It's the work horse mentality which is somewhat admirable, but can also be destructive when he is really hurt and just isn't effective. Especially when Mussina has a giant monkey on his back right now.

Detroit is the other thing that has me anxious. They are a good team, they are not going to just roll over and die like Seattle has. Their schedule over the next week should give them a chance to keep in step.

We face off against the Sox again this weekend. Unless things go great in Toronto and Tampa Bay preforms miracles this series wont mean a whole lot, but here's hoping. If we make it through this next week in the place that we are I think every little thing is going to be alright. But until then I'm on pins and needles.

On a side note the O's have shut Bedard down for the season. Too bad, that kid has some nasty junk. But then again he is still a kid and has plenty more baseball left to play. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does in the next few seasons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yankees Sox this weekend! Should be fun!

Bruce said...

I know, I think it will be tight. I'll add you to my roll since you have posted a few times. I like to keep my regulars happy.

Bruce said...

I know, I think it will be tight. I'll add you to my roll since you have posted a few times. I like to keep my regulars happy.