Days Until Opening Day 2009

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rock Bottom

That's what Girardi is hoping this is anyway, but who knows given how unbelievably horrible the Yankees are right now. And Moose......didn't even last through the first inning, although I am still going to give him some breathing room . I've written a couple of posts for my buddy Abbott on how bad I feel for the O's and how if only they could designate their owner for assignment. Well I'm not going to shed any tears for Baltimore today since their talons seem to be growing bigger by the day.

This Yankees team is clearly frustrated. Last night that spilled over in the form of errors and near brawls. They just can't keep players healthy, and the ones they do have are putting up fewer runs than my 3 1/2 year old nephew. Girardi wants to take the blame but the fact of the matter is that he isn't the one swinging (or not swinging) the bats. It is so hard to watch but this team clearly is one that needs to self destruct before it is able to rise again to glory. I just wish this all wasn't happening the last year in the stadium.

I'll try to put together some Nationals Notes later on today, this is all just too depressing for me right now.

No comments: