Days Until Opening Day 2009

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Not Much I can Say Today and Nationals Notes

As a sports blogger it can get pretty difficult trying to think up ways to spin things when your teams keep losing. I'm pretty confident that the Yankees will still be able to pull a 30 game winning streak out of the bag at some point this season (ok, let's just shoot for a 10 game streak) but until that starts to happen here I sit suffering through my morning ritual of box scores, recaps, and lately.....injury reports. (sigh) Let's just move onto Nationals Notes, at least I can spin that one a little bit better.

Nationals Notes

Ryan Zimmerman blasted two home runs against Houston last night, but that still wasn't enough as the Astros won thier 5th straight 4-3 over the Nats. It's frustrating to see the Nat's losing games by just a run, but at least Zimmerman is starting to get hits again (see how I spinned that there) Now if only they could cut out all the Bush League errors.

In other news Matt Chico has been demoted to the bullpen. I suppose it was only a matter of time considering his 0-5 record. Then again with the Nationals record what it is right now there are very few pitchers in the Nationals rotation who fare much better.

No comments: