Days Until Opening Day 2009

Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm Stocking Up My Bomb Shelter

There are some things that you only expect to see a few times, if ever, in your lifetime. Events that are so rare you always remember where you were when you saw them. I'm talking about things like a solar Eclipse, a meteor crashing to earth in front of your eyes, and of course....this...




Now I know that the picture quality didn't come out as well as I had hoped but your eyes are not deceiving you. The Rays are in first place and The Yankees in last. I'm happy for Tampa don't get me wrong, but in the past few days I have been talking a lot about signs of impending Armageddon and the Apocalypse and this is pretty much the third horse man right here.

The only normal thing happening so far this season is that Ian Kennedy sucked again last night. No big change there. It started out bad with a lead off home run but then it calmed down. Heck he didn't give up anything in the second, I was actually thinking he had figured some stuff out. But inevitably the floodgates were pried open and a flurry of runs came in as usual. I think Ian's only hope at this point is to hope that the end comes before he embarrasses himself again in his next start.
Now I'm off to my bomb shelter, I just hope my internet connection works down there.






1 comment:

Julie said...

Keep the faith Bruce.