Days Until Opening Day 2009

Friday, May 23, 2008

Chamberlin to the Rotation, Girardi to the corner

In case you missed it Joe Girardi threw a fit last night over a questionable foul tip call. Whats more classic than a manager kicking dirt on an umpire? I love it, and it seemed to do the trick for the team last night too. To be honest this is just the type of intensity and fire that has been lacking from the team all season.

I'm also happy to say that even though Ian Kennedy didn't get the win, he did have a solid outing going six innings and only giving up one run. The fans even gave him a standing ovation. Way to go kid. The problem for Kennedy is that Rasner is looking great and ......are you ready.......CHAMBERLIN IS BEING MOVED INTO THE STARTING ROTATION. This could be adios for Kennedy, at least for a while assuming that Chamberlin does well. We will see.

On a side note, I would just like to wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Let's hope Girardi's intensity sparked something incredible in the team. Because I am starting to get a little antsy.

Are you spending your weekend at Andrea's tiki bar?? I would if lived in the area...
:)

Bruce said...

No I am going to Chicago with my special lady friend. You should see that tiki bar though (I helped build it) it is a thing of beauty. When Jason and I hung up the lights the night before the party we just stared at it. We both weeped a bit.