Days Until Opening Day 2009

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Home Stretch


Tomorrow is September 1st which means the push for the post season is in full gear. No more excuses, no more slip ups, it is do or die time for the Yankees.


I have to say that I do feel the Yankees can catch the Sox. Especially considering that the last month of the regular season gives us a chance to beat up on Tampa Bay (twice), Kansas City, Toronto (no fights this time guys) and Baltimore. It by no means will be easy, but if we keep playing the way we did in the series SWEEP against Boston then there is no reason why the last series at Fenway wont be a key match up. Of course before we get to Fenway we are going to have to play Seattle.


Unfortunately Boston has a similarly easy schedule up to the end. The Twins might give them some troubles, but they wont face Bedard in their series against Baltimore this weekend so I'm not too confident the O's can help us out much. As for Seattle, they will match up against the Sox and the Angles. It would be nice if for once the Angels could help out the Yankees. Of course you can't count out Detroit, but a look at their calendar for the month of September has them facing the White Sox twice, Seattle, and Cleveland. They are going to have to really battle it out if they hope to get back to October.


A Brief Note on Yesterday's Game


Unfortunately I have to work for a living so I could only watch the MLB.com gamecast instead of watching the game live. I missed the news that Joba was ejected because I was busy plastering my buddy's office with pictures of brooms (he's a red sox fan). I have to say that while I do think that he should have been warned, I think the umpire was probably right to throw him out of the game. The last thing anyone needs right now are injuries or suspensions from fighting. Given the history of bad blood between these two teams I can see how the umpire was worried about things escalating quickly. Admittedly, if the Yankees had not been winning at the time I may have a different opinion.


2 comments:

inowpronounceyou said...

While I find the notion of Sox fans complaining about beanballs to be laughable, I don't for a second think that he was throwing at him. I mean, what...he MISSED TWICE?

I really do believe the Yankees can take the AL. Tomorrow's start for Kennedy is HUGE.

GO YANKS

Bruce said...

I think he maybe kinda sorta meant it, but I'm not too sure. Now don't get me wrong I love a good bench clearing brawl...just not at this point in the season.