Days Until Opening Day 2009

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yankees Win!!!



Yankees 4 Red Sox 3




Tied for the AL Wild Card!





Rocket looked decent last night, although I wouldn't say he was great. But really that is all we need him to be, decent. We need a Clemens who is in control and not hanging his fast ball. He isn't the man that he used to be and we shouldn't expect him to strike out 20 batters in a game. So long as he gets it done one way or the other I'm happy.





The Yankees did a good job of stringing together hits last night. In fact Beckett gave up 13, which is the most runs a Red Sox pitcher has given up since Kurt Schilling gave up 13 on April 22, 2004 in Toronto. I wish I could say that it looks like Beckett is falling apart, but he isn't. He just had an off night. The guy is 27 and just entering the peak of his career which means he will only get better. In fact I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he won 20 games next season. But this is a Yankees blog not a Beckett blog so I'll move on.





As I have been saying all season, Rivera is fine. Last night he recorded 4 outs starting in the 8th to earn his 22 save of the season. So please, sports bloggers, ESPN writers, and Yankees haters alike.....RIVERA IS NOT FALLING APART, but if you so choose its a free country...go on with your wishful thinking.





This afternoon Wang faces Schilling. I don't think Schilling is back to his full strength, in fact I think he is just about finished all together. He has a couple of starts left in him, but I wouldn't expect too much. Actually he may be somewhat distracted this afternoon. I've heard rumors that he was the man that Senator Larry Craig was trying to meet with in the bathroom of the Minneapolis airport. Regardless, I do think this afternoons game will be a tight one with a low score. I will of course keep you all updated as best I can.

*I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like that Squirrel that watched most of Tuesday's game is a good luck omen. So today he is watching my blog.

No comments: