Days Until Opening Day 2009

Monday, May 21, 2007

Wedding's and Broken Bones

First of all I would like to extend a congratulations to my friends Jason and Andrea on thier wedding in Annapolis this weekend. It was a great time and I was honored to be a part of it. No doubt you two are still recovering from the Sherman clan and thier hard partying ways, but I have to say that even though I wasn't cannonized as "an honorary Sherman" I always enjoy thier parties (or at least from what I can remember of them I do).

I didn't get to watch much baseball this weekend because of the wedding (and because I had to keep a low profile since I was surrounded by red sox fans) but all in all not watching much baseball turned out to be a good thing.

I can't believe it, but yet another pitcher has been injured. Darrell Rasner broke his index finger after throwing a mere nine pitches thanks to a bad hop in the Yankees loss to the Mets on Saturday. Fortunatly Tyler Clippard gave us a good showing yesterday. To top it off he also managed to get a hit and a sacrafice bunt, and saved the weekend from the sweep. Clippard was so nervous about being late to his first major leauge start that he took a car service and arrived four hours ahead of anyone else.

As if the Yankees injuriy woes haven't been bad enough, now it looks like Jason Giambi could be headed for baseball purgatory thanks to comments he made regarding his use of steriords. MLB has promised a throughough investigation (no doubt they will seek to make an example out of him) and the Yankees may try to nullify his contract as a result.

We start a series against the sox tonight, the way things are going it looks like I'll get the call from the bullpen to pitch. Maybe I should just break my finger, leg, and strain my hamstring now to save the trouble of doing it at the ballpark.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats, Jason and Andrea!