Days Until Opening Day 2009

Monday, May 14, 2007

Ok, Now I Am Starting to Get a Bit Worried

The Yankees took only one game from the Mariners this weekend. I'm starting to get pretty frustrated. It is now the middle of May and every time I think that they are turning it around they drop a series. It's do or die time I'm afraid, especially after watching the red sox come back from a 5-0 deficit against Baltimore in the bottom of the 9th. (I can't believe I am about to say this....but) Boston just seems to want it more this season, and their pitching is no doubt younger and so far healthier that our staff. Hopefully I look back on this post in late July and scold myself for doubting...but unless we can close May within four games of Boston I'm afraid we may miss the playoffs this year. Now excuse me while I go and stick my head in the oven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just wrong. Next thing you'll be calling for Joe or Cashman's resignation. The spring always sucks- and we've had to deal with an insane amount of injuries- you just wait, mr. mamsy-pans till July. Just you wait.

Bruce said...

I know that it is too early to say its all over, but something has to give....and soon.