Days Until Opening Day 2009

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cautiously Optimistic


That is what I am, cautiously optimistic about last nights performance by the Yankees. Wang has had some trouble historically with the sox so he took some juice off his pitches to try and offset them. It worked, last night at least. Now I don't want to make a bold statement like "it looks like the offense is finally coming around" because the minute I say that they will cool right back down. Things could have gone to hell in a hand basket really quickly when the sox had the bases loaded in the 8th, but if the one thing the Yankees have that no one can deny it is veteran players who know how to make routine plays in clutch situations. So I think that I want to wait until the end of this series to dissect its every play for now, I don't want to jinx my boys after all.

To make a hard right turn if I may, one thing that I am not cautiously optimistic about is the fact that the democrats have removed their insistence on a time line in the battle over the budget for the troops. I have always been a fan of the speak quietly but carry a big stick mantra, unfortunately the democrats seem to be yelling loudly and breaking their stick over there knee causing them public embarrassment. (Sigh) if only Pelosi and the democrats could grow a pair....metaphorically of course.

No comments: