Days Until Opening Day 2009

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

CARL!!!!

This picture has nothing to do with Pavano, I just needed a little pick me up after last nights loss to the dreaded, hated, stupid ass red sox. (Click here for the box score)

But I digress.

So how did Pavano do last night?

Yankees on the mound: In his second Grapefruit League start -- after being excused for personal reasons from his scheduled start Friday against the Devil Rays -- Carl Pavano went three innings, giving up two runs on four hits and a walk, striking out two. Ross Ohlendorf was charged with the loss, allowing three runs on one hit and one walk in one inning.

I have a few theories on what happened to Pavano last night.

The "Bruce Got Into His Head Theory" - After reading my post yesterday Carl Pavano was so nervous about impressing me and everyone else that he cracked under the pressure.

The "Girlfriend Stubbed Her Toe Theory" - Prior to the game Pavano's oft ill significant other accidentially kicked a chair with her left foot which required immediate medical attention. Pavano couldn't keep his thoughts straight as a result.

The "It's Just A Spring Training Game and I Shouldn't Read Too Much Into It Theory" - I'm going to go with this one. Joe Torre seemed to think that at least mechanically Pavano looked good. So while Pavano continues to frustrate at least that is some good news.

Maybe I'm being a little hard on the guy, especially since the rumors seem to indicate that Pavano may stay in New York for some time to come. Bottom line, it was a loss to the red sox which is awful no matter what in my book.

No comments: