Days Until Opening Day 2009

Monday, June 2, 2008

Joba-eve

We have finally arrived at the eve of Joba Chamberlin's first start. Are you excited? Have you been a good boy or girl? I know that personally I will be going to bed the second I get home from work so that tomorrow comes even faster! Ok obviously I am kidding, sure I'm excited to see what he has got but lets not make this out to be bigger than it really is. We have already seen the disastrous results of putting too much pressure on Hughes and Kennedy and even though I that I think Joba is in a better position than the other kids, our season doesn't rest in the hands of just one starter / setup guy / closer? Regardless, tomorrow the eyes of the baseball world will be firmly on Chamberlin trying to figure out if he is the next Nolan Ryan, or if he destined for a role in relief.

Meanwhile in a borough not so far away there is a pitcher who has already proven himself. A pitcher who just picked up win number 7 on the year. A pitcher who came oh so close to being a Yankee. But hey, what is the point of having a disabled list if no one ever uses it right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Major League.
Let's do the information exchange of the Major League!
Please link this site.
http://mr-ml-baseball.blogspot.com/