Days Until Opening Day 2009

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hot and Cold

I don't mean to keep boring you all with stories of the heat in DC, but this morning was possibly the worst it has ever been. That says something considering I have lived in DC for five years. Ok maybe not quite the worst because the metro did have some air conditioning, but we were packed in there so tight I feel like I should buy dinner for that poor girl I was forced to dry hump on my way in. Metro in the summertime is clearly my purgatory for all of those frogs that my friends and I sent to their untimely deaths when I was a kid.

Ok enough of the woes of heat and humidity. I knew what I was getting myself in for when I packed my bags so I am going to stop complaining at least for a little while.

On to yesterdays game

Every kid who plays baseball dreams of being the hero of the game. Knocking in the winning run when game is on the line in the bottom of the ninth. Well yesterday Melkey Cabrera had that chance. Imagine....bottom of the ninth, down by a run with two outs and bases loaded. It was Meleky's chance to be a hero. Instead a routine ground ball, game over.

Now I don't usually get too excited when I am forced to watch the MLB gamecast from the confines of my office, but I have been known to scream a little bit when crap like that happens. In fact yesterday when Melkey choked I accidentally let an F-bomb drop just as my boss was walking by. Fortunately my boss is also a Yankees fan and just wanted to know what happened in the game.

No comments: