Days Until Opening Day 2009

Monday, June 9, 2008

DC In The Summer....and Quick Game Notes

Every blogger who lives in Washington DC is writing about the same thing right now....the freaking heat. In case you have never been to DC in the summer time let me break down for you what a typical summer day is like:

  • Temperatures in the mid 80's to high 90's.....all day, everyday
  • 100% humidity.....all day, everyday
  • Every now and then it rains, but that just makes the humidity even worse
  • Tourists clogging up the Metro and and hijacking the city
  • Sweaty armpits from the walk to work....if only I could wear that hooters tank top I got as a joke for my last birthday to work everyday

Seriously, summer in DC is not for the timid. When I was growing up in Vermont we would brag about how cold it can get. Well I would much rather throw on an extra layer than have to literally towel off every morning I get to the office.

Game Notes

Back on subject here, Joba did much better in his second start last night. Chamberlin lasted 5 innings until the pitch count clock dinged. It is an encouraging sign. It no doubt must be tough to go out there and be effective knowing that you only have a limited number of pitches. But he seems to be settling down and finding a new groove as a starter. With Joba progressing so well it will be interesting to see if Hughes retakes his spot in the rotation or if Rasner has proved his worth.

Sorry guys but that is all I have got today, I'm still sweating from my walk here.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yea maybe I shouldn't move to DC.