Days Until Opening Day 2009

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Where Will Manny be Manny...4:00 is looming

The trade deadline is today at 4:00 and everyone and their mother is talking about where Manny will end up being Manny for the remainder of the season. The three way trade rumors I have read are so complicated they make my head swirl. In fact I think I saw something in there about an ox and three chickens being part of the deal. Now it is well known that I have never been a Manny fan, I think he is arrogant, lazy, and up until now he has been one of the faces of my most hated team. What's more he just doesn't seem to get the way a modern baseball front office works.

"The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me," Ramirez said. "During my years here, I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy," Ramirez added. "I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price, and I don't have peace here."


Come on Manny. Yes you can hit the ball (hell, you can even hit traveling secretaries)but you could phone it in to left field and no one would notice. Plus you have to face the fact that you are 36 and starting to break down more often (although its debatable if you are actually injured). Whats more, for all of your talk of loyalty an organization should have to a player it is pretty hypocritical when you go and publicly air dirty laundry. Look at all the success the Red Sox have had by getting rid of guys at the right time. Sure, Nomar may have been a little offended, but look how much he has crapped the bed since leaving Boston. Same for Pedro, in fact has he even pitched a complete season since leaving without a trip to the DL? I hate to say it Manny but they are the right moves. Maybe they forgot to send the fruit basket with the trade papers but it worked out for the team in the end....and this is coming from a Yankees fan. Regardless, after 4:00 today it won't matter because you are not going anywhere.

One last thing......I say again that never liked you Manny, but then you go and says something like this:

"I should go to Green Bay straight up and they should send Brett Favre to Boston. That will end two soap operas at the same time,"


Ok that was pretty funny. Let's get together and talk about how much we both hate the sox.

No comments: