Days Until Opening Day 2009

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Francona in Charge at the Stadium Makes Me Ill

I thought my hand was bad enough (it is actually better now thank you) but tonight Terry Francona will be in charge at Yankee Stadium. It is almost like the president has undergone surgery and Osama Bin Laden has taken over for him while he was under anesthesia. I suppose I can deal with it for one game for one night, but I swear, if he closes the game with Papelbon instead of Rivera I am going to stop taking my allergy medicine for the purpose of swelling my hand back up to mythic proportions. That way when I smack Francona in the face it breaks his fricken jaw.

Seriously though, should there even be a discussion about this? Tonight's game is the last all star game in the Cathedral. The house that Ruth built for god sake. Anything other than letting a Yankee close out this swan song for the stadium is an insult to the game itself. Papelbon can suck my.....thumb if he thinks he deserves that honor over Rivera.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You know I didn't even think about that. I was hoping that he would start Mo and let him pitch right away.

But I think that he would be causing more trouble for himself if he did that. Plus its Mo... I mean come on.

John said...

Bruce,

My name is John Paul, and I am the co-found of Fuzzy Ink (www.fuzzy-ink.com), a clothing line based entirely around the mustache. In response to the recent phenomenon that is Jason Giambi's mustache, we released a special edition t-shirt featuring the Big G in all his fuzzed up glory. To sweeten the deal and further show our appreciation for the New York fans, we have also decided that 15% of all sales will go to a New York City based charity (still to be named). All charity suggestions welcomed. I do hope that our product and donation is something that you and your readers would consider getting behind, and hope that the spirit of the cookie dusters lives on in all of us. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for your consideration.