Days Until Opening Day 2009

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Injuries Suck

NYY 2 - KAN 5

It think the title says it all.


The Yankee veterans seem to be going down like dominoes these days. First it was Posada with a sore shoulder, then Giambi followed by Jeter, and now Posada again with a dead arm. I'm not sure that medical science has officially diagnosed the condition known as "dead arm" but according to Posada a few days off should do the trick. What worries me is that he said it has already happened once before this year in spring training. Nothing like signing a guy to a four year, forty million dollar contract only to have his arm crap out on us the first week of the season. Now don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect whatsoever to Posada, but allowing five stolen bases against Kansas City is simply unacceptable.

Anyone who reads this page with any sort of frequency knows the pedestal that I place Phil Hughes on. Well that pedestal was certainly tested yesterday. It took Hughes 87 pitches to last only three innings. Here's hoping that it was just due to the miserable Kansas City weather and not an omen of things to come. I don't think that it is, but still, Hughes needs to settle down.

In other happier news I am going to my first Nationals game at the new stadium tonight to watch the Nats take on the Marlins. I'm sure that I have mentioned this before but the Marlins bring back bleak memories for me. By that I mean I was at game 6 of the 2003 World Series at Yankee Stadium. I watched a team win the whole show....I saw a pitcher shut down an incredible offense. The problem was the pitcher was Josh Beckett and the team that won was the Marlins. I've never forgiven them for that. So tonight I am looking for the Nats to break their skid and pound the crap out of those stinking fish. Who names their team after a fish anyway? Stupid no talent ass clowns. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Not looking good at all for the Yanks.

Depressing

Bruce said...

Ugly I know....if we can't bet KC who can we beat?