Days Until Opening Day 2009

Monday, April 28, 2008

Clemens To Appear on Jerry Springer

Raise your hand if you are sick and tired of hearing about Roger Clemens! I've made it well know that I am fed up with hearing about his alleged PED use and I have refused to blog about it for the past couple of months. Well the moratorium is briefly suspended thanks to this story I came across in my morning read through of baseball articles. I mean come on, who hasn't met an underage girl (thirteen years your minor) singing Karaoke in a bar and thrown a t-shirt at her? I know I have. Hell, I've even partied with Michael Jordan and Monica Lewinsky before. Honestly Roger, it is time for you to take an extended vacation. Go someplace where they don't have cameras or even baseball. Just please please please stay away from adolescents and Karaoke bars.

"According to sources, Clemens was with his Red Sox teammates in a Fort
Myers
, Fla., bar when then-teenager McCready caught his eye. After Clemens threw a shirt with his and several teammates' signatures onstage, an introduction was made. It was love at first sight, no doubt about it," said a source with intimate knowledge of the relationship."

No doubt Roger's pick up line was, "hey little girl you have a nice voice.
If you are interested I know a guy in San Francisco who can help you beef up
your vocal cords."

"During another Big Apple excursion, the two holed up in the trendy SoHo Grand and later partied with Monica Lewinsky and Michael Jordan. McCready, according to a source, even bummed a cigar off His Airness to give to Clemens."

MONICA LEWINSKY??? How the hell did she get involved in all this and hasn't she learned her lesson about being around cigars?!!!!! I can only imagine what that conversation was like:

MJ: Hey Roger, I bet you thirty thousand dollars your daughter doesn't have the balls to try and bum an El Presidente off me in front of Monica.

RC: She's not my daughter she's my....um...."friend" (wink wink), but you're on...(whispers to MM)

MM: Hey Monica, love the beret. MJ, do you have an extra El Presidente cigar I could borrow.

ML: Here take mine.

RC: Um, no thanks....um, Michael owes me one anyway.

Honestly, this whole circus show needs to stop. Clemens is stupid if he didn't think that this type of thing wouldn't come to light after filing his defamation of character suit. One can only imagine what is going to come next but I imagine it will be something involving Paris or Brittney...OR BOTH!!! So please Roger, hop on K-Force one and take a trip some place. If not for yourself for the rest of us who are tired of seeing you muck up everything you've accomplished and making a laughing stock of baseball.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a comment about Clemens ('cause yes, I am sick of him) but what the hell is up with Girardi? Saturday's pitching decisions were just incredibly frustrating to watch (especially for those around me at the bar while I yelled at the tv) coupled with his seemingly outright lying about the health of some of the players. Can't we please have Torre back? Or am I being too hard on the new Joe?

Bruce said...

I think that we still need to give him some breathing space. I feel the same way as you a lot of the time but I attribute it to 12 years of being used to Torre. I'm surprised that he let Posada come back so early though, especially since now he is making his first trip ever to the DL months after signing a 52 million dollar contract. What also surpised me is that he goes on the DL and the Yankees designate Chad Moller, our back up back up catcher, for assignment to make room for Shelley Duncan to return. Now don't get me wrong, I love Duncan, but Molina just strained his hamstring a few weeks ago, so what happens if he goes down again now...are we going to call someone up from AA?

Long story short, transitional years are tough but we shouldn't count anything or anyone out yet.