Days Until Opening Day 2009

Monday, November 26, 2007

I hate the first day back after vacation

Is there anything worse than the first day back at work after a vacation or the holidays? I don't think so. Two weeks ago I was sunning myself on a white sandy beach looking out at the clear blue water of St. Thomas. I came back to the city only for a day and then went home to Vermont for time with the family. So for pretty much the last month I have had something to look forward to. Not today, this marks the beginning of the first full week I have had in half a month. Talk about agony. To tell you the truth I'm really not even in the mood to update my blog today, so I'll leave you all with a welcome back weary travelers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even go anywhere, and I'm feeling it too. Sitting around for 4 days doing everything and nothing was great. This? Eh. I'm having a hard time ramping back up!

Bruce said...

I hear you, the weather doesn't help much either.

Julie said...

Oh man. I would be sympathetic if I had been somewhere nice and warm a couple of weeks ago... but nope.

It was super hard to get out of bed this morning though. So I got your back on that one.

Bruce said...

I hadn't had a vacation in a long time, or even a day off for about a month for that matter. But yeah, first days back always put people in bad moods. Glad to hear the dog is getting better!

jess said...

i wanted to kick my alarm clock this morning :) so i feel your pain... i hope there are sandy beaches in your future.

Bruce said...

Thanks Jess, I think that the next trip will involve snowy slopes. I have to say that I loved loved loved St. Thomas though. I haven't been that relaxed in a long time.