Days Until Opening Day 2009

Monday, December 10, 2007

Waiting for the Report

I've been pretty quiet lately even though there have been some things to write about, specifically Matsui's potential trade to San Francisco, the Nationals smart post season maneuvers, and the rumors that talks for Santana may be back on again. Honestly though, I'm waiting on the Mitchell report and I have to say that it is making me a little nervous. Despite what I had previously thought, I don't think that there will be long lasting consequences. What makes me nervous is that I am afraid to hear who ended up on the list. I can't imagine he is on there, but it would break my heart to see someone like Jeter on the report. Imagine the tee shirts the nation would break out then.

I suspect that there will be upwards of 20 - 30 suspensions of various lengths starting from 15 - 25 games depending on how much evidence Mitchell has on the particular player. I also have to imagine that the players union is going to scream bloody murder, and with good reason. The players are the ones taking all the heat in the steroid scandal, but as I have said previously EVERYONE IN BASEBALL deserves some of the blame.

In other news he whose name has been banned from this blog has been asked to accept a minor league contract. How much do you want to bet that the jerk doesn't accept it...how about 39 million?

6 comments:

jess said...

it won't help if i cover my ears and eyes and go 'lalalala' i don't want to know, eh?

i didn't think so...

Bruce said...

Supposedly between 60-80 current and former players will be named. Sigh, what a nightmare it is going to be.

Julie said...

Good Lord.
Let's all pray to the baseball gods that no one we know and love is on that list....

Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce said...

I know Julie, I'm terrified about that. By the way I just heard that Tejada has been traded to Houston

Julie said...

Tejada to Houston and Lo Duca to the Nats... where's every other current player going?
:)