Days Until Opening Day 2009

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Was Schilling's Bloody Sock a Hoax?


"In the bottom of the fifth, according to multiple media reports, Orioles
play-by-play man Gary Thorne said on the air that he had been told by Red Sox
catcher Doug Mirabelli that the substance was paint, not blood."


REALLY?



"What? Are you kidding me? He's [expletive] lying. A straight lie,"
Mirabelli said, according to The Boston Globe. "I never said that. I know it was
blood. Everybody knows it was blood."


I tend to think that it really was blood on Schillings sock, but just to be
sure I am calling for a full Congressional investigation, with a transcriber,
and under oath. Only then can we get to the bottom of Sockgate. Although since Schilling is a republican you can be sure that the administration will try to block his testimony.




*Don't forget to submit your answers to yesterday's poll*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was watching the broadcast when the play-by-play guy said that. I was pretty shocked. I'm not sure what I think about the situation. I'll give 4-1 odds that the blood was real. Don't they have the sock somewhere? Cooperstown, probably? It seems like this would be an easy debate to settle with a little CSI action.

Bruce said...

Yeah, it is in Cooperstown. Maybe a full DNA analysis is in order in concert with the congressional investigation. Who knows, we may even learn that Schilling is actually the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.