Days Until Opening Day 2009

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Going to Califonia


Tomorrow I leave for the left coast for a week of relaxation with Dana's family and with my best friend Jonah. I'm excited to go back to San Diego since I absolutely loved it last year. This year I'll be going to my first Padres game, kayaking, and hopefully walking around the city a bit more. Honestly, San Diego is worth a visit. It was nothing like what I had previously experienced in southern California. In other words it isn't like LA where you could literally blow up half the city and probably no one would notice.

Seriously, LA is one of the most god awful places that I have ever been (Mexico City is like Utopia compared to LA). Everywhere you go you have to drive, and everywhere you drive there is traffic, and everywhere there is traffic there are idiotic LA drivers who don't use blinkers and cut you off like it is some sort of contest to see who can crash their car first. The people there are either jerks, mildly retarded, or not from LA. But I digress.

This years trip will be much more tame than last years due to Jonah's diagnosis with Chron's disease. I guess that means in lieu of road sodas and top shelf's, we will be spending more time actually acting like adults. Well I guess that remains to be seen.

3 comments:

Jen Judson said...

Considering I lived in LA for 2 months between my junior and senior year of college, I agree 100% percent with your assessment of LA. It's a wasteland full of people who are wastes of space. Or as my mother likes to put it, "The land of fruits and nuts." It's expensive, crowded and disgusting and having a conversation with anyone there is exhausting because you find yourself having to clarify things with people such as who George Bush is, "Well, he's the President of the United States... you didn't know that? Oh yeah, he is." Uggggh. But have fun in San Diego!

Bruce said...

Thanks Jen, have a good birthday!

Anonymous said...

Don't be LA Haters...a short vacation or a two month stint is not enough time to understand anything beyond LA's surface which is just as you have described. Behind the plastic there is real culture and it is laden with history. LA's diversity is its strength and you have to dive into the city to experience it. Each neighborhood has its own community and LA's beauty rests in discovering the many cities within the city. Get to know it with a local, not a transplant.