Days Until Opening Day 2009

Friday, April 20, 2007

My Vacation (finally)


While I have a few minutes to post, here are some of the highlights from my recent trip to SoCal.

San Diego:

Ocean Kayaking - AWESOME!!! Dana and I even dared to paddle through some caves as the waves crashed in on us.

USS Midway - 1945 Aircraft carrier docked in San Diego Harbor. I had always wanted to go on this and we finally did. I felt like a little kid in awe of how big it was (although I kind of expected it to be a little bigger)

Petco Park, home of the Padres - AWESOME....it's no Yankee Stadium, but I loved it. It didn't feel like a brand new park, and the crowd really got into the game. I think the wave went around 6 or 7 times and even jumped the score board....impressive.

LA:

Golf - Not unexpectedly I found out that I am TERRIBLE at golf. The course was right next to LAX so I am going to blame it on jet blast.

Dodgers Stadium - Definitely a place that every baseball fan needs to see even though it is really outdated. It looks like the Brady Bunch designed the place, although I believe in ball park preservation so maybe it should be kept that way as an example of the era.

Vermonters - Believe it or not I actually hung out with some people that I knew from my high school days. It was great to see them and we all reminisced about life in the VT.

All in all my previous assessments of the two cities remains the same. LA has nice weather, but the people there are still not my cup of tea. San Diego is just beautiful, it's hard to find flaws other than the massive sprawl and the driving time to get from point A to point B.
One last note......HOW ABOUT A-ROD!!!!!

No comments: