Days Until Opening Day 2009

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Exhausted yet excited

I have been MIA lately thanks to the ridiculous hours I have been putting in at the office. Without going into detail let's just say that I have literally spent many hundreds of hours at the office this moth alone. Please take a moment to feel sorry for me......ok thank you now back to the show. My mind is pretty frazzled so this post is going to be all over the place, but lets see what I can muster up.

Yankees Start out Strong in Spring Training
The Yankees clobbered the Phillie's yesterday 9-3 thanks to a homer from A-Rod and some RBI's (5) courtesy of my man Shelley Duncan. This is certainly a great way to start things off, but it is still much too early to form an opinion one way or the other on the rest of the season. However, I will say that I am happy to see that some of our everyday players showed up to training camp in good shape.

Rocket Bonds
I am trying to uphold my personal moratorium on writing about Clemens, but given the release of the Bonds grand jury testimony and the FBI's decision to launch a criminal probe into Roger's testimony before Congress I do have on comment to make. Simply put, so long as these two continue to fight with the courts and and the media, steroids in baseball isn't going away. Collectively we just need to shut them out and move on...that is until Selig gets off his lazy ass and opens up the can of worms again when he dishes out the penalties.

Nationals Stadium
The Stadium is looking great!!!


The jumbotron is the biggest in the world! From the pictures I have seen of the interior they have done an incredible job and I am looking forward to going to as many games as I can this season. Which brings me to my last topic of the day.....


Presidential Tryouts
I still haven't heard anything from the Nationals about this, but as soon as I do I will let you know in the manner that I described in my last post. I have to say I am starting to get a little pessimistic about my chances however.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I was on a Jet Blue flight to JFK on Friday morning (7am) and I was lucky enough to catch Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN...Let me just say that Thank GOD Bob Knight was being interviewed, because if I had to listen to another 30 minutes of talk and blah blah about Clemens I was going to kill someone.

I am so sick of him seriously.
To tell you the truth, in the very beginning of this I believed him. But no longer.

I love Andy, and I have no reason to believe that he would lie.

Do you??

Sheesh.
I'll be in DC this week. Let me know if you want to grab a brew.

Yankees Chick said...

Hey there :) You mentioned over on my blog a while back that you might be interested in saying a thing or two about the Nat's when I do their 2008 season preview... well, they are up next! Still interested? shoot me an email - info@yankeeschick.com

thx!!!

--maureen/yc