Days Until Opening Day 2009

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Congressional Hearings, BALCO, PED's...blah blah blah

Remember when all you had to keep track of in baseball were statistics? Now you need to be a pharmacist and a statistician to keep track. But honestly, enough is enough, I am finished with the steroid debate for at least the foreseeable future. The whole thing is turning into a media and political circus where everyone feels they need to chime in (I suppose I have to include myself in that category). I'm tired of hearing Roger Clemens deny using steroids while at the same time acting shocked that his best friend Andy Pettitte used. I would like to say that if it weren't for Clemens adamant denials this whole Mitchell report controversy would have starting to fade by now. Unfortunately the truth is no matter what Roger says or does, when spring training starts up again you can bet that there will be a whole new slew of who took what, when, etc etc. I just want to watch baseball.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Clemens should just make his wife and kids happy and just retire to Texas and stay the hell away from the Bronx.

jess said...

couldn't agree more... roger is the only one still talking and he's doing it so long after it's too much too late.

Unknown said...

You should put up a countdown to pitchers & catchers reporting date.

Anonymous said...

I concur with Matthew's comment.

Bruce said...

Great idea, I'll be adding one soon. I also agree with Jess and Julie.