Days Until Opening Day 2009

Friday, June 29, 2007

Even The Weather Hates The Yankees


The good thing about the Yankees playing the O's is that I can watch all of the games on MASN (the Mid Atlantic Sports Network). The bad thing is when the Yankees drop two games and then just as they retake the lead in the third game the rain sets in and the game is suspended.


You don't see a lot of games called mid inning, in fact I can't remember the last time it happened. I checked out the rule about this and found something eerie. According to ESPN:



Before 1980, the score would have reverted to the start of the inning,
giving the Orioles a 6-4 win. But the rule was changed after a game on Aug.
13, 1978, when Baltimore led 3-0 after six innings and the Yankees scored
five runs in the top of the seventh.

That means that the rule was changed the night my mother went into labor with me....because of the same situation with the Yankees against the Orioles. Of course that is the storied '78 season that I have written about previously. Is this an omen of things to come? I certainly hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of sports... here is a link that contains Nancy Kerrigan crying like a little baby. "Why? why? why? why? why?..." It is really very funny! I use it laugh myself to sleep every now and then. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T09XWRkq5M