Days Until Opening Day 2009

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Stadium

We have known for a long time that this would be the last year in baseballs cathedral, but watching the final Yankees / Sox series really drives that home. Partially because the media keeps talking about the historic series, but mostly (at least for me) because it is finally starting to become a reality. It is so sad to watch. Whats worse is the performance of the Yankees in the last year of the stadium. The other day I wrote about when is the point of no return for New York's season....well this series is it. Sure, other teams have given up huge leads in September, but I just don't see that happening this year. If the Yankees don't take this series against the Sox we can pretty much assume that there will be no final October in the House that Ruth Built. It is enough to break your heart. That's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

Julie said...

ugh its so dreadful.

I can't even watch

Anonymous said...

I agree. They didn't need a new stadium. Have any of you seen thos new film called 2 Girls and a Cup by any chance? Is it a baseball film?

Anonymous said...

Jeter breaking the all time hit record in Yankee Stadium is truly one of the games greatest accomplishments. Baseball is a great game and the Yankees have fielded some, or arguably most of the greatest players. Jeter now takes over Billy Martins place on my top 5 Yankees. I only consider the players from my era as I am not a fan of the club. In order.

1. Derek Jeter
2. Billy Martin (if you don't know why you're an idiot.)
3. Reggie
4. Dave Winfield
5. Steve Sax...Come on, he asked for #3!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

I have an offer for you please contact me at ellen_s@mail.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Ellen Simpson